Thursday 24 April 2014

Creepers Review


In my little home town we have an annual rockabilly festival called Lady Luck. It's a great day of kitsch stalls, sexy vintage cars, sick tatts and of course swing cats. This post has been a little delayed, the festival was actually in January but I finally got the time to write about it.
Every year I go around checking out stalls, taking photos of people, cars and buying little bibs and bobs I come across that I can't resist. This year I found a gem of a stall.
This business makes rock n roll adorable. Selling things like tees and bandanas with skulls and tatt designs printed on them. How are they adorable? Well they are for little bubby greasers rather than adults.
Now you might be wondering why this store would catch my eye? I don't have a baby, I don't really know any babies, especially babies that are cool cats. Not only did they have baby things on they were also selling T.U.K creepers. Specifically Mondo Lo Sole Brothel Creepers, with leopard print and studs.

I've been hanging out for a good pair of creepers for a long time. T.U.K is one of the brands to look for, so just how good are they?



Price: $90 AUD
At the time this pair could be bought for around $86 USD, once converted to AUD it was over $90 AUD, and that's not including about $20+ shipping. So this price was amazing! I was so happy. They are great quality shoes, $90 is quite a bit of money for someone on my current income but well worth it.



Item/Quality:

Amazing! They take a little getting used to I will admit, not so much because they are a platform but because they are a lower cut shoe than what I am used to. Also the suede is quite firm at first so I found it dug in under my ankle a little. Though they have softened now so I wear them a lot. I walk pretty much everywhere and these haven't given me any pains, even when I have been walking for kilometres in the city. They are really comfortable, perhaps not the best for support but, again, they have not given me any trouble. None of the studs have fallen off either, which worried me a little but they seem to be fastened on well.


Service:
The man who was running the baby creatures stall was very friendly and personable. He helped me try them on, we had a chat and even held them for me while I went to the bank.



Overall:

Love these babies to bits. They are really versatile in style too, I can coordinate them with heaps of styles. They are pretty much my go to shoes right now. Very comfortable and if you can get your hands on a pair I would definitely recommend them.

As for buying these yourselves you may have to do some hunting. I'm sure if you are in Australia and wish to buy a pair you might be able to grab some from baby creatures if you contact them on their facebook or through their website.


Thanks for reading 





No comments:

Post a Comment